FM layout causing inconsistency when printing a PDF?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:42:04 PDT 2007

Also, many printer drivers are set to shrink PDFs to fit, so it may be
coming out at 97% or so... Another thing the end user needs to know
about.

Just in passing, the 1/4 inch you mention is likely to be a hardware
limitation where the paper goes along the paper path or is gripped by
part of the mechanism, not a software limitation.

Art

On 5/31/07, Kenneth C. Benson <kbenson at pegtype.com> wrote:
> From: "Rene Stephenson" <rinnie1 at yahoo.com>
>
> >  We have a quick reference guide that uses a (US) legal-size landscape
> layout. It is set up in FM as a custom page size 14x8" with 3 columns in the
> text frame.
>

> Legal is 8.5"x14", not 8"x14". Could that be the problem?
>
> You can't really do much about how people print your PDFs. If you give them
> a legal size document and they can print on legal paper, there's really
> nothing *you* can do to make it not work.
>
> Kenneth Benson
> Pegasus Type, Inc.
> www.pegtype.com

                             No disclaimers apply.