FM layout causing inconsistency when printing a PDF?

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 13:03:17 PDT 2007

Good point, but no - that's my typo. It's set to 14x8.5" - I just got in too big of a hurry typing the post.  :-\  SORRY

  OK, so an advisory notice of sorts (ReadMe file, popup, etc.) looks like our only option...

Rene

  From: "Rene Stephenson"

> We have a quick reference guide that uses a (US) legal-size landscape
layout. It is set up in FM as a custom page size 14x8" with 3 columns in the
text frame.

Legal is 8.5"x14", not 8"x14". Could that be the problem?

You can't really do much about how people print your PDFs. If you give them
a legal size document and they can print on legal paper, there's really
nothing *you* can do to make it not work.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com