Graphic bug when saving as PDF

David Shaked (Wernick) david at almondweb.com
Mon Nov 5 13:16:22 PST 2007

Has anyone encountered the following bug? Any solutions?

FrameMaker 7.2
Acrobat Pro 8.1.1
Windows XP Pro SP2

When I save an FM book as a PDF, the first graphic in the book is rendered
as a gray box. When I save the individual *.fm file as a PDF, the same
graphic is rendered normally. If I delete the graphic, the next graphic,
which happens to be in another *.fm file, is rendered as gray box. The FM
and graphic files are otherwise completely normal.

The problem occurred on two computers. It may conceivably be related to a
recent Acrobat 8.1.1 upgrade because I previously generated PDFs from the
same book without difficulty. I was able to save other books as PDF without
a problem.

The work-around that I used was to generate the PDF from both the book and
the *.fm file. In Acrobat, I replaced the page of PDF #1 where the error
occurred with the corresponding page of PDF #2.

David Shaked (Wernick)

AlmondWeb Ltd.
http://www.almondweb.com
Technical Documentation * Web Development * Word and WebWorks Consultants