HTML to Framemaker--automated method?

Charles Beck Charles.Beck at infor.com
Mon Nov 12 10:51:02 PST 2007

Hi Jon,

Yes. Quadralay makes (made) a utility called WebWorks Publisher Import
Utility that allows you to import from HTML files into Frame (or Word)
files. Works very nicely and it *does* do batch imports. You can select
any number of HTML files to import into a single Frame file. Well, maybe
not *any* number of files, but I don't know what the limitation is, if
there is one. I can't imagine that you really want to import all 1300
HTML files into a single Frame file anyway-DO you?

FWIW, this import utility also handles graphics and tables, though the
tables generally need some cleaning up and possible reformatting after
the import. I use Rick Quatro's TableCleaner utility for that part of
the process.

Quadralay does not exactly make it *easy* to find and download this
utility anymore, so if you have trouble finding it, contact me offlist
and I will be happy to help you find and download a copy. I can also
maybe give you a few tips about using it effectively, if that might be
helpful.

As far as I know, this is the only utility out there to do this kind of
job. The nice thing is that, the last I checked, I *think* the utility
is freeware. If I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will correct me.

HTH,
Chuck Beck

Sr. Technical Writer | Infor | Office: 614.523.7302 |
Charles.Beck at infor.com