Help with Running Headers

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:15:08 PST 2007

Unless you're already using it, you could assign the book's $volnum
variable to display the Part's information by mapping it to the
appropriate chapters in the book file. Then just set up the header
definition to display the word "Part" and the contents of $volnum. It
should work fine because the $volnum variable spans all the affected
chapters.

Art

On Nov 13, 2007 10:15 AM, David Kuhn <david.kuhn at amdocs.com> wrote:
> I am running into a problem inserting a running header.
>
> It is for a book organized into parts.
>
> One of the master pages must include a header row containing the Part
> number and Part name above the Chapter number and Chapter name.
>
> I tried to insert a Running Header 5, just changing the definition that
> exists from <$paratext[H1_Heading1]> to <$paratext[Part]>.
>
> There is already a Part paragraph format defined, but it exists only in
> the Part document type, not the Chapter document type.
>
> But when I switch from the Master Pages view to the Body Pages view,
> this line does not appear at all.
>

> David Kuhn
>
> Technical Writer
>
> 09-776-1956 (desk)