Putting line drawings in a frame doc

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Nov 13 11:47:52 PST 2007

Theresa de Valence wrote:

> How do you control where an image shows up in the text?

I have tags for paragraphs (gf GraphicFlush, gi GraphicIndented, etc.)
into which I put (only) an anchored frame At Insertion Point.  Then I
put my graphic inside.  Sometimes I import a jpg or other image file;
sometimes I use the simple vector drawing tools from FM's Graphics Tools
palette.  If I were importing a text inset they way you do, I would have
to draw a text frame inside the anchored frame first, and import into
that.  But in any of these cases, I have control over where the
containing anchored frame is (as well as space above/below, next pgf
tag, etc.) through the properties of the containing pgf tag and/or the
anchored frame itself.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved promptly, and
to the satisfaction of all concerned, by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night."

— Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)