Formatting XML and other computer code

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:33:09 PST 2007

I copy it from the screen into FM as raw text with Paste Special >
Text with a para at the end of each line. If it has too many tabs, you
can do a find-and-replace to clean them out or convert to multiple
spaces.
Then convert it to a single column table, one line per cell.
The para tag for each cell is a 6 or 7 point monospace font, such as Courier.

Art

On Nov 14, 2007 4:24 PM, Carol Wade <carol_r_wade at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering how other FrameMaker users handle formatting XML and other computer code samples in text. I have tried a couple of approaches and am not satisfied with either.
>
> One approach I've taken is to create a paragraph tag that contains regularly spaced tabs. This requires that I reformat the code when imported into Frame, which can be labor-intensive.
>
> The other approach I've taken is to take screen shots of the code. Yuck! (for obvious reasons).
>
> I hope I'm missing something here.
>
> Thanks for your advice!
>
> - Carol

                             No disclaimers apply.