Linking/embedding SWF files

Ray Saffin rsaffin at serena.com
Tue Nov 27 06:40:33 PST 2007

I have been doing some experiments linking or embedding SWF files into
an anchored frame in a FrameMaker 8.0.1 document on a test system with a
Flash Reader installed.

I'm not sure if I need to change some setting somewhere, but unlike what
it says in the online help nothing seems to run within the Frame file
itself once I click on the representation of a linked or embedded SWF
File. However, once I save the Frame file as a PDF I can get the SWF
file to run by clicking on the image.

It also seems very tricky to get the SWF file to run again once it
completes. Only by carefully positioning the cursor near the top left
corner of the anchored frame so that it turns into a hand with an
extended index finger and then clicking can I get the SWF file to run
again.

Does anyone have their own experiences of using SWF files?

Ray Saffin

Technical Writer, Staff

Information Design and Development

Serena Software Europe Ltd

Abbey View, Everard Close, St Albans, AL1 2PS

United Kingdom

rsaffin at serena.com <mailto:rsaffin at serena.com>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.