Automatic deletion of files after saving as PDF?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 04:57:41 PST 2007

Tammy,
I never use SaveAs PDF, but also don't have the problem with 7.2 &
8.01 under XP. They don't seem to be generated if you use the logical
printer.... That said, if you're experiencing a problem during PDF
generation that aborts the process, the files will also be left
behind.

Art

On Nov 27, 2007 11:24 AM, Tammy Van Boening
<Tammy.VanBoening at healthlanguage.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Using FM 7.2 on Windows XP/SP2 with Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0.x. I
> am successfully using the Save as PDF option on my Framemaker source
> files; I have the option checked of Deleting Log file upon successful
> completion, however, for the life of me, I can't figure out where to
> tell the application to also delete the tpdf and tps files that are also
> created.  I have looked through every tab on the Adobe PDF printer
> properties dialog box and even through all tabs on the Acrobat Distiller
> dialog box. It's getting annoying having to manually delete these files
> after the generation of a PDF. Can someone point me in the correct
> direction?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TVB
>
> Tammy Van Boening
> Senior Technical Writer
> Health Language, Inc.
> Office: +1 (303) 307-4400 x254
> www.healthlanguage.com
>

> NOTICE BY HEALTH LANGUAGE, INC.
> This message, as well as any attached document, contains information from Health Language, Inc. that is confidential.  The information is intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.  If you have received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message and its attachments, if any, destroy any hard copies you may have created, without disclosing the contents, and notify the sender immediately.  Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect an intention to make an agreement by electronic means.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358