Quark versus FrameMaker

Sylvia Clarke sjclarke at hvc.rr.com
Fri Nov 30 05:17:08 PST 2007

We've used both Quark and FrameMaker.  My colleague, a diehard Quark
user, has agreed that for the documents we are creating (user manuals
for medical devices) FrameMaker is the better way to go.  Quark does not
seem to have features for creating books which makes making a global
change in the document very difficult.  There are a number of other
document-specific features that I use in FrameMaker that Quark just
doesn't do, or doesn't do as well.

Regards,
Sylvia