Conditional Build Expression

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Tue Oct 2 07:49:59 PDT 2007

Personally I would include parentheses to clearly indicate what the NOT
clause applies to.  For example,

( "Condition A" OR "Condition B" OR "Condition C" OR "Condition D" ) NOT
"Condition E"

is quite different than

"Condition A" OR "Condition B" OR "Condition C" OR ( "Condition D" NOT
"Condition E" )

I suspect that Frame is generating the message because of the ambiguity
of what NOT applies to.

On  Monday, October 01, 2007 07:20 PM, Flato, Gillian wrote:

| I am trying to create a build expression but Frame keeps telling me
that
| I am building an invalid build expression. What is invalid about the
| following expression:
|
| "Condition A" OR "Condition B" OR "Condition  C" OR "Condition D" NOT
| "Condition E"
|
| Thank you,
|

| Gillian Flato
| Technical Writer (Software)