Bad Autonumbers

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 02:33:30 PDT 2007

I am not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do. It seems
to me you are mixing methods. On one hand you are using an
autonumbering of a paragraph and on the other hand you want to control
it with a system variable for page numbering. That, to my knowledge,
cannot be done. This is one of the things we are missing in FM: the
ability to assign leading zeros to the numbering. If you add leading
zeros like text in the autonumbering or before a page number the
number of zeros will always be the same.

One workaround would be to assign different set of master pages to
each given number of leading zeros (as I think I recall there was a
discussion about earlier this year). Whether you would have to
manually assign these master pages or you could make a [fake?]
paragraph or element that you put on the page starting the next level
(from 0009 to 0010 -- using the ref page master page assignment
system), would depend on your set of files.

There might be a possible solution doing this automatically with FrameScript.

Bodvar