Bad Autonumbers

Thu Oct 4 06:57:23 PDT 2007

Randall C. Reed wrote:

> I cannot get a "work package number" autonumber to work
> properly in the files at the beginning of the book.
> "P:000<n+>" just returns "0001".
> I've gone into the document menu on both the book and
> individual files and set the "Page" numbering feature to
> "Continue."

But the autonumber isn't a page number, it's a paragraph number. You
need to set paragraph numbering to continue. Note, however, that this
affects all paragraph autonumber series; you can't have, for instance,
figure numbers restart while your package numbers continue.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer