Dictionary style layout in Frame

Tina Ricks kristina.ricks at verizon.net
Fri Oct 5 11:11:43 PDT 2007

Hello Framers,

I am laying out a print book with a reference section at the end, which
includes the transcripts of 12,000 sequentially numbered PowerPoint slides
(yes, that's 12,000, it will be several hundred pages). I'd like to do a
dictionary style layout.

I've got it in two columns, with running heads at the top of each page like
a dictionary, showing the first and last entry on each page. Works great.

What I can't figure out is the dictionary style separator between parts. I'd
like to do a separator between each 1000 slides. I have two dictionaries and
a thesaurus here that show this. When I go from G to H in a dictionary, for
example, there is a horizontal separator across both columns and a great big
letter H, and then the H words start. I can't do this with master pages,
because the separator needs to "flow" with the text. Does that make any
sense? If this was Word, I'd think of it like a floating section break. But
it needs to go across two columns.

Any ideas?

Tina Ricks

Editor