Dictionary style layout in Frame

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:51:35 PDT 2007

If it was me, I'd use that as the "chapter name" tag and have that
start each of the chapters/files in the book. In the paragraph
designer:

* On the Basic Tab, set alignment to Center.
* Pick a big point size for the letter.
* On the Pagination tab, activate the checkbox to "run across all columns."
* On the Numbering tab, set to Autonumber with the <$chapnum> variable.
* On the Advanced tab, set Frame Below to Single Line. Or Double Line
if you're in a risk-taking mood.

In your book file, highlight all the files and set Chapter Numbering
to upper case letters.

Cheers,
Art

On 10/5/07, Tina Ricks <kristina.ricks at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello Framers,
>

> I am laying out a print book with a reference section at the end, which
> includes the transcripts of 12,000 sequentially numbered PowerPoint slides
> (yes, that's 12,000, it will be several hundred pages). I'd like to do a
> dictionary style layout.
>
> I've got it in two columns, with running heads at the top of each page like
> a dictionary, showing the first and last entry on each page. Works great.
>
> What I can't figure out is the dictionary style separator between parts. I'd
> like to do a separator between each 1000 slides. I have two dictionaries and
> a thesaurus here that show this. When I go from G to H in a dictionary, for
> example, there is a horizontal separator across both columns and a great big
> letter H, and then the H words start. I can't do this with master pages,
> because the separator needs to "flow" with the text. Does that make any
> sense? If this was Word, I'd think of it like a floating section break. But
> it needs to go across two columns.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Tina Ricks
>
> Editor