Strange behavior when opening frop down lists in dialog boxes

Leah Smaller leah at compulite.com
Tue Oct 9 23:52:11 PDT 2007

Good morning all,

FM 7.0 Windows XP

This strange thing is happening in dialog boxes. I wonder if it has always been this way (not logical) and I never noticed or this is some new. weird, skewed behavior.
When first  opening a dialog (for instance, the Character Designer) it takes more than one click on an arrow to open a drop down list (the font list, for instance). In fact, in fact it takes about 3 clicks:
Click 1 - nothing happens
Click 2 - the field is now in focus
Click 3 - drop down list, well...drops down.

After this intial 3 click process, any other drop down menu in the dialog box opens with the normal one click.
As long as the dialog box stays open the 3 click operation does not return. However, after closing the dialog box and opening it again,  3 clicks to open a drop down list are necessary.

This, of course, slows down the work pace and it is a pity to add extraneous mouse clicks to over worked hands.

Any guesses as how to take care of this annoying problem?

Leah Smaller
Technical Communicator
Certified Feldenkrais Method practitioner
leah at compulite.com

"What you truly learn best will appear to you later as your own discovery." (Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais)