Changing text styles

Wed Oct 10 07:14:40 PDT 2007

Scott White wrote:

> I remember doing this once before but can find the reference
> in the book; how can I change a unique string of text from
> regular type to bold within a document.
> I would like to find every reference of lets say ABC Company, Inc.
> and change it to bold with a replace function of some sort.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Put the cursor in some text formatted with the character tag you want to
apply. Select Edit > Copy Special > Character Format to put that
formatting on the clipboard. Then, select Edit > Find/Change. Set Find
to the string you want to format and set Change to By Pasting.

Note that you'll be applying all the formatting that was at the cursor
location when you did the Copy Special, not just the character tag. So
this works fine if you copy the formatting from a piece of body text and
paste to other pieces of body text. It works not so well going to or
from headings, table text in a different font, etc. I suggest not
rushing to Change All. :-)

HTH!
Richard

------