Changing text styles

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 07:19:28 PDT 2007

Hi Scott,

you can do this as follows:

   1. Create a character format, for example <emphasis>, in which you
      only specify that Weight should be Bold. Make sure that the other
      properties (Family, Size, Angle...) are set to As Is. You can
      easily do this by clicking outside the text frame when you have
      the Character Designer open.
   2. Create a user variable, for example "company_name", with a
      definition like this <emphasis>ABC Company, Inc.<Default ¶ Font>
   3. Find the first occurrence of ABC Company, Inc. and replace it with
      the company_name user variable.
   4. Copy this variable.
   5. Find: ABC Company, Inc. and Change: By Pasting.

Good luck and best regards

Yves Barbion
Documentation Architect
Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor