looking for conditional text scenarios

Shmuel Wolfson sbw at actcom.com
Sun Oct 14 06:33:31 PDT 2007

In my company there are four manuals that have several chapters that are
almost identical. I created four separate book files (one for each
manual), with some of the chapters unique to each book, and some
chapters shared between the four books. In the shared chapters, I use
conditional text for each manual to mark the differences between the
manuals.

One thing I like is that I can condition an entire table as manual A and
manual B (by conditionalizing the table marker), then mark one row as
manual A and a different row as manual B, and the table appears in both
manuals, with the appropriate rows displayed.

Two things I don't like:
1. When I conditionalize a table marker, it's very hard to see the
conditional indicator.
2. When I conditionalize a table row, I can search for the row by search
for that conditional text type. To me, that is a big drawback, and I
often end up conditionalizing the text in the row instead of the table
row, which is more time consuming.

Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson
052-763-7133