missing contents of anchored frames

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Oct 25 08:47:23 PDT 2007

Miriam Boral wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Periodically, for no apparent reason that I can discern, all the
> contents (either graphics or equations) of anchored frames, both on body
> and reference pages, simply vanish. I can repair the problem by copying
> one of the missing graphics (or equations) from a different file and
> pasting into the appropriate frame. This causes ALL the missing graphics
> (and equations) to reappear.
>
> Although I've found this workaround, I would like to understand why this
> is happening. I'm currently using FrameMaker 7.2 but have been having
> the problem for years with previous versions.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem? Any idea what's going on?

Well, starting with basics, have you used Ctrl + L to refresh the
display?  Frame is notorious for being in the dark ages and not doing a
screen refresh automatically.

You could also check the Run-Around properties of various objects in the
frames (although that affects text more than graphics), because anything
other than Don't Run Around can cause bizarre behaviour of nearby objects.

A third possibility is that you have turned off graphics display with an
inadvertent keyboard shortcut.  Check View > Options > Graphics and make
sure it's selected.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"On the contrary."
-- Henrik Ibsen (last words, after a nurse said he "seemed a little
better.")