radical revamping of techpubs

Chris Borokowski athloi at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 08:46:40 PDT 2007

Luckily, that isn't all they do. Many are employed writing policies and
procedures and internal business documentation. Any function that
requires explaining concepts understood within a certain skill set that
is a minority role in a company is a TW role.

Personally, I find it hard to separate the different roles. A
well-organized business produces a well-organized product, which can
then be easily introduced to the user. If a TW is able to give that
feedback during development, and make the product better, the doc gets
simpler and bottom line goes up. This is why I see the role of TWs as
expanding, not decreasing, in the future.

--- Technical Writer <tekwrytr at hotmail.com> wrote:

> TWs complete a very necessary task; creating user assistance. Until
> the final iteration, until all the requirements have been met, until
> there is little or no possibility of changes to the end product,
> there is little point in generating documentation that might become
> obsolete at the next iteration.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development