radical revamping of techpubs

Susan Modlin smodlin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 17:03:24 PDT 2007

I've followed this thread with interest, even though it has precious little to do with FrameMaker.

My perspective differs somewhat from what I've seen so far in the discussion. I've been working in and with agile development groups as a writer or doc manager since late in the last century. When I first heard about agile, I thought it was the devil's spawn, but it hasn't turned out that way at all. In my experience, a writer in a well-run agile environment can be involved from day one of the first iteration all the way through to delivery of a final product -- and not just writing and rewriting the same stuff over and over again. In fact, I find that I don't spend as much time
writing as I once did. However, as an integral part of the development
organization, I have no shortage of interesting and impactful (terrible
word) tasks on my plate.

As a side note, I'm a certified (and very interested) scrum master.

...Susan

----- Original Message <snipped> ----