Conditional Text problem on Frame 7.1 on Win XP Professional

David Schor dsch.tw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 05:40:29 PDT 2007

Is there a bug or limitation regarding FrameMaker Conditional Text Tag names?
I received a base document with several different conditions
reflecting various model names within the same product family.
Examples of tag names are:

ABC2024
ABC224D
ABC208
ADE208
ADE224
AFG208
and so on

After setting the system to show the first ABC condition but hide the
latter two, I generated Help files in Webworks but the other ABC
conditions showed.

In an experiment, I changed one of the conditions to ABC_208, and lo
and behold, ABC_208 stayed hidden. However, ABC224D remains in the
document when it shouldn't. According to this pattern, would I have to
change this to ABC__224D for FM to recognize the difference?

And what if I need to add additional variations to a name like
ABC2024G and ABC2024F? Does Frame not recognize the difference?

Hope you can help me,

Thanks,
David

--