Keyboard shortcuts stop working

Sam Beard sbeard at oico.com
Mon Sep 10 07:37:19 PDT 2007

Diane,

   Thanks for responding on this issue. I've written in about the same
problem, along with a problem with the arrow keys not working when held
down continuously. The arrow keys work when pressed repeatedly, but not
if held down continuously. A couple of others have responded with
comments about certain programs installed or third-party extensions to
Frame installed, but none of those apply as I don't have the listed
applications installed, nor do I have any third-party Frame extensions
installed.
   I'm looking in the Regional and Language Options control panel and
checking all of the things there I can deduce from your post, but none
of those seem to apply to my situation, either. I recently changed my
display settings that control the appearance of the windows (I don't
recall if I had it changed to my personal preferences when I've had this
issue before or not, so thought I'd try it. I have to switch to a
different one at times for screen captures.), so we'll see if this has
any effect on it.
   Last week, I had an interesting development with it. I was working on
editing a document and it started happening again. Before I restarted
Frame, I wanted to finish the updates I was working on. I paged up and
found an anchored frame with an image in it, along with some lines and
text boxes for callouts. I remembered reading that you can press Control
and click on an element like a text box without switching tools, so I
did that and it worked! I moved the elements using the Alt key and arrow
keys and that worked, as well. When I clicked out of the anchored frame
and tried using the arrow keys, as well as things like Control-A,
Control-V, etc, they all worked, as well! I have NO IDEA why this
behavior happened, but, so far, it hasn't happened again.
   I'd certainly like to resolve this issue, if possible, as it is
rather a PITA to have to restart Frame when it happens!

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical
979 690-1711 Ext. 222