Keyboard shortcuts stop working

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Sep 10 07:37:57 PDT 2007

Diane Gaskill wrote:

> The keyboard shortcut to switch languages was set to Left Alt Shift
> and I apparently was hitting those keys without realizing it.  Next
> time it happens, try that key combination and see if it switches
> back.  If not, click Settings >Control Panel > Regional and Language
> Settings > Details and turn off all the languages except English.

I have experienced the same thing.  I use the Alt key a lot to activate
menu choices.  In Framemaker, that can make for inadvertent language
changes when trying to activate the Shift menus -- to get File > Save
All Open Files, or Graphics > Pick Up Object Properties, for example.

Photoshop is prone to the same problem, as the Shift and Alt keys are
used in many shortcuts.  I've just come to expect it from time to time,
and am no longer surprised when my dialog box entries suddenly appear in
Cyrillic :-)

sr

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home, and when he grows
up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto the freeway."

- anon.