problem install framemaker 8 trial version

menchin_elaine at emc.com menchin_elaine at emc.com
Mon Sep 10 13:30:37 PDT 2007

After three calls to tech support, the issue is resolved.  The trial
version of Adobe FrameMaker 8 is not supported on Windows 2000. This is
noted in small print in the system requirements - my bad!  Although I
was misled by the first two tech support representatives I spoke with -
you certainly can run Frame 8 trial on the same system with Frame 7.

	From: menchin_elaine at emc.com

	> I'm attempting to download and install the free trial version
of
	> Framemaker 8 from the Adobe website. It downloads fine but
during the
	> install process I am asked for a serial number. I don't have
one since
	> this is a trial version. The Adobe support person I contacted
first
	> suggested re-downloading the sw (didn't help, the same thing
happened),
	> then said that I cannot run the trial of Frame 8 without first
removing
	> Frame 7 from my system. This isn't an option; we do our
documentation