structured Frame

russ at weststreetconsulting.com russ at weststreetconsulting.com
Tue Sep 11 09:15:20 PDT 2007

Fred,

Your points are well-taken and I didn't mean to be confrontational. I just thought that your "return on investment . . . is likely to be rather small" statement might not be completely true. I didn't realize that you were speaking in terms of making a business case. Indeed, it is very, very difficult to quantify and justify authoring conveniences. How can you possibly put a dollar value on something like "numbered lists that always start at 1 automatically"? I know the value as a writer, because I've done it umpteenbillion times and after a while, the savings really add up. I wouldn't know how to put that in a proposal, though. Luckily, I've not had to do that yet.

Russ