Structured Frame

Miriam Boral miriamb at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 05:22:42 PDT 2007

Thanks to everyone for your great responses.

FYI, I might add that an advantage of my working for a very small
company (and having been there many years) is that I don't need to
make a formal proposal for this. (Of course, at the same time, there
will be no consultants, etc., just me in the role of strucutered app
developer, author, etc.) As long as I produce the existing
documentation as needed, I can take my time implementing structure
and exploring how we can benefit. (Our unstructured templates are, by
the way, very well structured so I'm accostumed to thinking this
way.) My hope is that with XML import and export, I won't spend as
much time as I now do converting text to and from FrameMaker (which
our developers don't use).
Our documentation includes lots of in-line code snippets which must
be manually formatted with character tags. I'm always looking for a
way to reduce this part of the job.

Miriam