Don't Iinstall Frame 8 If You PDF Your Books

Tony Marek tony.marek at pdf.com
Fri Sep 14 11:32:06 PDT 2007

   There's a critical bug in Frame 8, which I just spent an afternoon and
   morning tracking down on my own and with some questionable help from
   Adobe Tech Support (30 min. phone wait once they put me in the
   queue).  Frame 8 cannot currently create a PDF file for an entire book
   if there are cross-references within the document. PDFing works
   chapter by chapter, but not for an entire book. The tech support guy I
   just got off the phone with, after some asking around while I held for
   another 10 minutes, discovered that this is the current situation and
   there's no workaround. (Why he did not already know I don't know.) So
   Frame 8 is useless for PDFing any books that contains cross-refs --
   e.g. all the books my group publishes.
   I've unistalled 7.1 already and now have to reinstall -- and save my
   Frame 8 files to Frame 7.
   I await the patch that fixes this but the Adobe tech would not predict
   when that would be.  On top of that, there is Nothing posted on this
   in the Adobe Support site.
   Adobe is officially too big. They've become MicroSoft.

   --

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Tony Marek

   Technical Publications Manager

   PDF Solution, Inc.

   333 West San Carlos Street, Suite 700

   San Jose, CA

   phone: 408.283.5636

   fax: 408.280.7915

   [1]www.pdf.com

   CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail contains information that may be
   confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient (or
   authorized to receive for the intended recipient), you are prohibited
   from reviewing, using, copying, forwarding, keeping, or disclosing to
   anyone other than PDF Solutions, Inc. this e-mail or any information
   in the e-mail (including any attachment). If you have received this
   e-mail in error, please send a reply e-mail only to the sender
   ([2]tony.marek at pdf.com) (deleting the original message body from the
   reply), and please delete this message from your system. My apologies
   for the inconvenience, and thank you in advance for your cooperation.