ANN: Excel To FrameMaker

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Sat Sep 15 05:57:43 PDT 2007

Hello Framers,

I have had considerable sucess using FrameScript to import Excel data into
FrameMaker. Here is a workflow example:

1) Put the insertion point in a paragraph.

2) Choose FrameScript > Import Table. You will be prompted for a spreadsheet
file (*.xls).

3) You will be prompted with a list of all the worksheets in the
spreadsheet. Select the one you want to insert.

The data is inserted in a fully-formatted FrameMaker table. You can continue
to edit and update the data in Excel. To update the corresponding FrameMaker
tables, you choose FrameScript > Update Tables and all of the tables are
updated with the latest spreadsheet data.

This is only one example of what can be done; the process can be automated
further. If you have any interest in an Excel to FrameMaker workflow, please
contact me offlist with your specific requirements. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com