Frame 8 bug: Importing RTF "misplaces" footnotes and index tags

Tina Ricks kristina.ricks at verizon.net
Mon Sep 17 14:56:22 PDT 2007

Yes, that's exactly right. The footnote reference ends up in a more or less
random place, usually about three or four places back from where it was. The
only fix I have is to do a global search on footnotes and look for them all
to fix them. Kind of annoying.

So far, it seems to only happen to footnote references and index references.
The index references moving to the middle of a word is only annoying to me,
no one else can see the tags. But the footnote references moving means that
the RTF to Frame translation is introducing errors.

Tina

tina ricks | kristina.ricks at verizon.net | 503-531-3233
technical writing and editing