Footnotes and frames

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:03:01 PDT 2007

Uh, from your description, it sounds as if FM is behaving correctly in
that you have two streams and it's numbering and keeping each stream's
footnotes separate. You're asking it to keep the streams separate in
different frames but merge the footnote streams.

So to get the look you want, you need to break the correct operation.

If it was me, I'd just fake it by putting a superscript number into
the outside text. Then create a footnote in the main stream and put
the outside text footnote into that. And finally hide the footnote
number by creating a character format with the font color set to
white. At the end of your production cycle, you'll have to set the
outside text footnote number, the manual one, to the right digit, but
it'll look like you want it to look.

Cheers,
art