Font Change in Paragraph Tags

Howard Rauch techtransfer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 27 20:42:08 PDT 2007

While reviewing the prepress proofs for a document, I noted that tables on the right-hand pages in some 2-page files of a book were placed lower than matching tables on the left-hand page. In checking the FrameMaker documents, I noted that the same paragraph tag had been used to anchor the tables on the right-hand page and the left-hand page. However, according to the paragraph menu, the tag on the right-hand page had been overwritten with a different font and larger point size, and the line spacing had been changed. This tag was also starred in the status bar, indicating that it had been overidden manually. The font and point size were not used anywhere else in the book.

Could this have been a FrameMaker or a Windows glitch? The changes are sporadic so it was not a case of copying and pasting from one file to another. Furthermore, I can't imagine having been so irresponsible as to have manually overridden so many paragraph tags in that way. Any assistance with solving this mystery would be appreciated.

I am using FrameMaker 7.0 on a Windows XP Pro operating system.

Howard Rauch

Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"
933 North 18th Street
Manitowoc WI 54220
Office: 920-682-1528
Cell: 920-629-0080