installing Frame 8

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Wed Apr 2 11:23:35 PDT 2008

Hi, Dave:

Dave Reynolds <dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz> wrote:

>  Hi Folks
>
>  I'm the first in our team who will install Frame 8 - so I'm the lucky
>  guinea pig who will be testing our templates to see how they behave in
>  the new version.
>
>  Although I've been keeping a record of bugs and problems reported on the
>  list, I can't find anything about the actual installation (and
>  FrameUsers is down at the moment).
>
>  So, are there any problems or gotchas I should be aware of before I
>  install Frame 8?  I currently have Frame 6 and Acrobat 7 Pro installed.
>  Will Frame 8 try to install a version of Acrobat (as happened with
>  previous versions), and if so, can I cancel that so I don't lose my
>  already installed Acrobat?
>
>  Any advice much appreciated.

There have been issues related to FM8's UniCode support. One example I
recall is that some Acrobat Bookmarks are garbled by UniCode that
didn't appear in FM 7.x conversions does appear in FM8 conversions.

Whatever replies you get on this list shouldn't stop you from
searching the whole 'Net with Google or other tools.

Regards,

Peter