installing Frame 8

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Wed Apr 2 13:02:47 PDT 2008

I have to chime in here.

Am 02.04.2008 um 20:23 schrieb Peter Gold:
> There have been issues related to FM8's UniCode support.

Yes.

> One example I
> recall is that some Acrobat Bookmarks are garbled by UniCode that
> didn't appear in FM 7.x conversions does appear in FM8 conversions.

I do not really get what you mean exactly, but I cannot recall any
problems with Acrobat bookmarks created from FM8 *unless* you compare
it with non-Unicode hacks in previous versions.

In FM 7.x you could not (out of the box) have Cyrillic or Baltic or
Greek headings appear correctly as bookmarks.

In FM 8 you can, as long as you use a Unicode font to create the
Cyrillic, Baltic or Greek text.

- Michael

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentation Technology
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Consulting and Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog [de]: http://cap-studio.de/