Training Videos - Adobe Technical Communication Suite, FrameMaker and RoboHelp

Vivek Jain vivekj at adobe.com
Sun Apr 6 21:44:12 PDT 2008

Adobe Senior Product Evangelist, RJ Jácquez, has created three On Demand training videos to help customers get started with Adobe Technical Communication Suite.  A large number of customers have been asking us for training material on the Suite. I hope you will find this useful.  Please see the details below-

NEW Training Video! <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p29205929/>  Getting Started with the Technical Communication Suite: Part 1 <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p29205929/>  (http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p29205929/ <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p29205929/> )

In Part 1, you will learn about leveraging live and interactive 3D models from virtual any CAD/CAM/CAE software in your technical and instructional documents using the Adobe Technical Communication Suite.  This training video includes all exercise files needed for you to follow along with the presenter, and experience first-hand how to convert a 3D CAD file into a highly compressed 3D PDF document and how the included 3D Toolkit software allows you to reuse this model in FrameMaker and then generate an interactive and rich PDF document, that you can distribute to anyone using the free Adobe Reader. The video also guides you through the steps on how to further polish your 3D models using 3D materials and by adding animation that shows your end-users how to disassemble the model.

NEW Training Video! <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p25426010/>  Getting Started with the Technical Communication Suite: Part 2 <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p25426010/>  (http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p25426010/ <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p25426010/> )

In Part 2, you will learn how to supplement your technical and instructional design documents with engaging Adobe Captivate demonstrations, simulations and quizzes in the Flash format using the Adobe Technical Communication Suite.  This training video includes all exercise files needed for you to follow along with the presenter and experience first-hand how to create engaging Captivate demonstrations, simulations and quizzes that can be imported into FrameMaker documents and saved as PDF files, that end-users can playback using the free Adobe Reader.  The video also guides you through the steps needed to add a printing poster in FrameMaker and how to generate a single .SWF file from Captivate, which includes the playback bar in the PDF file, as well as other best practices.

NEW Training Video! <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p13101233/>  Getting Started with the Technical Communication Suite: Part 3 <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p13101233/>  (http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p13101233/ <http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p13101233/> )

In Part 2, you will learn about adding FrameMaker books and documents in RoboHelp as live links and reusing FrameMaker content for creating Online Help systems, Searchable Knowledge bases, Performance Support systems and even Policies and Procedures.  Just like the first two, the exercise files are also included in case you want to go over the integration features yourself.

Besides Adobe Technical Communication Suite, there are training videos for Adobe FrameMaker 8 <http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/framemaker/#tutorials>  and Adobe RoboHelp 7 <http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/robohelp/#tutorials>  available on Help Resource Center <http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/> .  Adobe Certified Trainers (for example, John Daigle <http://www.showmethedemo.com/> is a certified trainer for RoboHelp and Captivate) can help you with formal training, if required.  If you are looking for formal training, you can locate Adobe Authorized Trainers <http://partners.adobe.com/public/partnerfinder/tp/show_find.do>  in your area from Adobe site <http://partners.adobe.com/public/partnerfinder/tp/show_find.do> .

Thanks and regards
Vivek Jain

Group Product Manager, Adobe Systems
Adobe Technical Communication Suite, FrameMaker and  RoboHelp
www.adobe.com/products/technicalcommunicationsuite/
blog- http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/
RoboHelp Packager for Adobe AIR- http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/robohelp/