OT: Acrobat 8 freezes Frame after motherboard rebuild

John Pitt john at pitt.net.au
Thu Apr 10 03:39:31 PDT 2008

After my motherboard went feral, I had to rebuild with a new
motherboard, cpu, video card, etc. XP Pro had to be coerced into working
again, but it was OK.

But my Acrobat Pro 8 installation now refuses to make PDFs using either
FM 8 or 7.1 with either Save As or print to PostScript. After a short
time, Frame stops responding, the top menu bar disappears, and it has to
be killed.

I've Repaired, Uninstalled > Repaired, Deactivated and Activated, and
muttered various incantations. Nothing seems to work.

Strangely, both Word and Excel do produce PDFs.

Any clues?

jjj
--
John Pitt, technical writer