finding Mif2Go macros to replace WWP functionality

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Thu Apr 10 10:40:44 PDT 2008

We're currently using WWP 2003 to generate CHM from our Frame docs, but
since there's no support past FM 7.2, we're evaluating our options. This
week I've been looking at Mif2Go.

We want to make the most of our existing Frame markup for Related Topic
buttons and drop-down hotspots. Out of the box, Mif2Go doesn't support
the WWP system for drop-down hotspots, and it doesn't support buttons
based on a Related Topics list. (ALinks and KLinks are supported.)

But Mif2Go has a macro language that seems to be up to the task. The
necessary macros would be virtually the same for anyone contemplating a
migration from WWP. This leads me to ask whether anyone has already
developed "boilerplate" macros that they are willing to share.