question regarding Adobe FrameMaker license

Huntley Eshenroder huntleye at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 06:49:00 PDT 2008

All,

Have a question regarding the software license for FrameMaker. We have
a new hire who is offshore. We need a FrameMaker license for this
person. The rest our group is running 7.2 and the new hire would be
running 8.0. Because this person is not an experienced Frame user, we
would prefer to purchase Frame 8, transfer the the license to someone
in the US and give the new hire 7.2. This will help us troubleshoot
any problems, etc because we have our current setup well documented.

In the past, it seemed that we could not transfer licenses
internationally. Is this still true?

Thanks,
-Huntley