justification in structured FrameMaker

Cindy Maisannes Cindy.Maisannes at cfainstitute.org
Wed Apr 16 11:53:31 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with.  We are using
structured FM 7.0 to format our XML files for print publication.  The
files occasionally contain a bibliographical reference, for example,
containing a group of XML tags such as:

               <ref id="R2">

                    <citation citation-type="journal"
xlink:type="simple">

                         <person-group person-group-type="author">

                              <name name-style="western">

                                   <surname>Anson</surname>

                                   <given-names>Mark J.P.</given-names>

                              </name>

                         </person-group>

                         <year>2008</year>

                         <article-title>The Beta
Continuum</article-title>

                         <source>Journal of Portfolio
Management</source>

                         <volume>34</volume>

                         <issue>2</issue>

                         <month>Winter</month>

                         <fpage>53</fpage>

                         <lpage>64</lpage>

                    </citation>

               </ref>

The problem is that we need for the referebce to be full justified in
print; however, FrameMaker seems to only want to full justify within
each individual tag (so the text inside <article-title> would be
justified, and the text inside <source> would be justified, but if those
two text elements happened to occur on the same line together, the
justification would not be equally spaced across them).  Is there a way
of applying full justification for everything inside <ref>...</ref>?

Thanks for any help -

Cindy