OS X 10.4.11 -- can't import files from Word

Louise Moritsugu lmoritsugu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:30:06 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm just starting a French version of an English book I completed a
few months ago.

The Eng was done in FM 6.0 on OSX 10.3.x (9?).

I'm trying to do the French in FM 6.O on OSX 10.4.11.

I can open FrameMaker alright, but it won't import the French Word
files. The error message reads:

"Mastersoft Error: From -Side Converter returned error 3"

I've reinstalled Framemaker.

The Frameusers site is down until Mon, so I can't search the archives.

The usual way I do these books is to import from Word because the
files have retained the FM the style tags. I could cut and paste, I
suppose, but that will double my work time. And, of course, I'm
behind schedule.

Any ideas on how to fix this or am I out of luck? Reinstall OSX 3?

Thanks,

Louise