OS X 10.4.11 -- can't import files from Word

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 06:44:52 PDT 2008

Ignoring the question of language compatibility...

The easiest way to open a Word file in Frame is not to... Instead,
save Word as an RTF and open that.  (Note that I'm saying Open -- not
Import. Import implies that the file is imported as an object within
Frame, which isn't what you should be trying to do.)

However, FM 6 is kind of an antique version, so the import filters
aren't as robust as the either 7.x or the current 8.0's --- they've
been updated and changed several times. You may also have problems
with native Word import because the Word files could have originated
in a version that was still in the future when FM 6 was shipping.

If the RTF doesn't give you better results, I'd try downloading the FM
8 eval version and see if that works better...

Art

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
 No disclaimers apply.
 DoD 358