Fine tuning pagination

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Tue Apr 22 07:55:09 PDT 2008

Steve,

OK, I'm going to show my ignorance, but maybe I'm not the only one. Dumb
questions follow.

<Manually stretching the main page flow to take lines back>

Do you mean to make the main text frame on a body page larger? Hmm, seems
like that will look odd if pages have different size text frames. I do only
have headers, so I don't have to worry about bumping into footers.

 <Manually shrinking the main page flow to move lines forward>

Similarly, make the text frame on a body page larger?

 <Micro-control of text, for example adding small amounts of negative
tracking to pull a hyphenated word back from a page foot>

Negative tracking?

Thanks!

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates