Structured vs Unstructured Frame

martin.smith at golehtek.com martin.smith at golehtek.com
Mon Apr 28 07:46:50 PDT 2008

Hi Scott,

A more direct path would be to write a script in the FrameScript
language that queries your database and builds the FrameMaker document
directly. You could easily build a structured or unstructured
document, depending on your preference.

If you have xml in your database, a FrameScript solution with
structured FrameMaker is especially attractive, because you can use
the MSXML OCX parser in combination with FrameScript. FrameScript
allows you to use OCX controls, and the MSXML OCX control gives you
the power of XPATH and XQUERY directly within FrameMaker.

Note that I specialize in FrameMaker internals development.

Feel free to contact me off list if you would like additional information,

Martin

Martin R. Smith
Web Site: http://www.golehtek.com