Structured vs Unstructured Frame

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:03:31 PDT 2008

I think a big, possibly the biggest question, would be what version of
FM are you talking about?
There's always been some, and usually an increasing amount of support,
for different styles and levels of complexity as FM has evolved from
having separate unstructured and SGML versions to an integreated
package.
But FM8 is the first that's come out of the box as an XML / DITA
editor without using plugins. So I'd use that as my baseline, I think,
rather than an earlier version that may have depended on tweaks,
kludges, or custom code.
And with that, I think, would be a question about whether it wouldn't
be better to use an XML based import rather than MIF.

Art

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Scott White <swhite at alamark.com> wrote:
> Framers
>

>  So getting to my question: what are the limits to structured frame
>  documents?
<snip>

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
 No disclaimers apply.