Table continued variable not always working

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Mon Apr 28 12:59:33 PDT 2008

Framers,

Thanks for all the advice about pagination fine tuning. I'll be using that
info soon.

Now, I'm inserting the table continuation variable, and it doesn't always
work (FM 7.0 on Win XP). I've never seen this before.

I change to another variable in the same place, and it works just fine.
Every other variable I insert is fine, but when I return to table cont., it
may or may not work as I look at the table continuing on the next page (I
know that I need to look at the continued part of the table on the next
page). It's very odd.

I had one working, then I just opened the file, and not it's not any more.

I've moved the table title from the bottom to the top and back. Sometimes
that "fixes" it, but apparently only temporarily. I've had it happen in two
different tables in two different chapters (both part of the same book). I
just looked at the other one that I'd fixed a few days ago, and it, too, is
no longer working. =:o

Has anyone else seen this? Any fixes?

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates