OT: Podcast Question

John Hedtke john at hedtke.com
Mon Apr 28 08:26:50 PDT 2008

According to this book what I wrote about Podcasting a couple years
ago, iPodder (a free app) may be a viable alternative.  It'll
download files whenever you want and then they're there waiting for
you to inhale to iTunes to plug into the iPod.  If you're simply
interested in downloading them to play them locally, you can skip
iTunes entirely and play them from iPodder using whatever MP3 playing
app you have.

Yours truly,

John Hedtke
Author/Consultant/Contract Writer
www.hedtke.com <-- website
541-685-5000 (office landline)
541-554-2189 (cell)
john at hedtke.com (primary email)
johnhedtke at aol.com (secondary email)

At 08:11 AM 4/28/2008, jopakent at comcast.net wrote:
>Sorry for the OT, but this silly little problem has to have been
>answered somewhere before and I just can't find a clue...
>
>I'm using iTunes to download a set of daily podcasts because the
>servers here don't have the bandwidth to support streaming.
>
>I have set up the download to check for new episodes daily, and that
>works fine.
>
>However, the first time I configured the application, it was @ 7:53
>AM. Now that is the scheduled time for the daily update. It would be
>a whole lot slicker (and conserve bandwidth) if I could set that
>update to happen at 2:AM.
>
>I tried all of the controls I could find through the UI and tried
>looking for something promising in the registry, but no joy so
>far.  I tried iTunes support and even subscribed to their forums,
>but can't figure out how to post?
>
>Anybody have a resource for addressing iTunes questions?
>
>--
>J. Paul Kent
>206-383-0539
>
>Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit