Scripting - The Update command...

Tammy Van Boening Tammy.VanBoening at healthlanguage.com
Tue Apr 29 13:20:03 PDT 2008

Stephen,

I went through almost the exact same painful process about two weeks ago when updating text insets with conditional text. Rick Quatro worked endlessly, tirelessly and patiently on my behalf writing and rewriting scripts to solve this issue. Ultimately, he decided that the FDK does not invoke a command/"do something" that is invoked/happens when you manually (i.e., use the keyboard) update the inset.  I know that this is not the answer that you want to hear, but unfortunately, it appears to be the case and I take Rick as being the definitive authority on scripting for Framemaker!

TVB