odd behavior in cross-reference dialog box

obair81 at comcast.net obair81 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 12:21:36 PDT 2008

I am taking over a former writer's work, and the only odd thing that I am finding in the Frame (8) files is this.

When I double-click a cross-reference link, the Cross-Reference dialog box shows "Cross-Ref" and Marker Types in the left pane and Cross-Reference Markers in the right pane, instead of all the paragraph tags in the left pane and the relevant targets in the right pane.

I know that I can click Source Type and choose Paragraphs to see the paragraph tags, but doing that a hundred times a day is getting long.

In all my documents, when I double-click a cross-reference link, the Cross-Reference dialog box shows all the paragraph tags in the left pane and the relevant targets in the right pane.

I want this standard behavior (for me, anyway) when I double-click the former writer's links.

Is there some setting about which I am forgetting?

Thanks.

best,
Paul