FM 8 "Next pgf tag" having no effect...

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 06:49:31 PDT 2008

You want something even MORE odd? The exact same document (as in, it's
stored on a thumb drive that I access directly for this) has this
issue on my home machine but works perfectly on my office machine. And
the day before yesterday, it worked at home, too!

Both machines have Frame 8.0 p277, on Windows XP SP3. It's in
Structured View, but I'm not using elements or anything, just standard
tags. As far as I can tell, this has no effect on what I'm doing since
I'm not inserting any elements or attributes.

I round-tripped the document through MIF to no avail.

As to set up: I created the first tag in Paragraph Designer, pressed
return, created the second tag in Paragraph Designer, pulled the
definition for the first tag up, and selected the Next Pgf Tag box and
chose the second paragraph tag's name from the drop-down list. This is
pretty much how I do it every time I want a specific paragraph tag to
follow. (I generally don't have text there because the issue cropped
up in a template I'm currently creating.)

FYI, I have the following plugins installed:

Archive
AutoText
EZVars 3.02
Sourcerer
PGF_Whopper
TOC Breaker
RefIcons
CudSpan Doc Tools
Paragraph Tools

When I get home, I'll try Richard's work around and report back.

Lin Sims